These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Garden Day
Winner: the winner, as selected by the Promoter, of this competition
*T&Cs: You must be 18 years or over to enter. The closing date for entries is midday on Monday 4 May 2020 and prizes will be delivered on or before 7 May. See full T&Cs at gardenday.co.uk/competition.
- Open to those who are aged 18 years or over and are residents of the United Kingdom only, excluding employees, and their immediate families and friends, of Garden Day or Candide, agents, third parties and/or any other persons professionally connected with the promotion or Promoter.
- To enter the competition you must follow these steps:
1) Take a picture of your favourite space in your garden where you will be celebrating on Garden Day
2) Post it to your Instagram, Facebook or Candide profile
3) Tag @GardenDayUK and @babylonstoren using #MyGardenDay
4) The closing date for entries is Monday 4 May 2020 at midday.
- You must not set up multiple email accounts in order to enter the competition more than once.
- Entries are limited to one photo per person. Multiple entries could lead to exclusion at the Promoter’s discretion.
- All entries including eventual winners permit the Promoter to use submitted details (including name) in any promotion and communications of the giveaway, including on Garden Day’s Instagram account, Facebook page(s), Twitter page(s) or any other social media channel, website and internal communications.
- It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In some circumstances we may have to share your shared personal information with other parties, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering this competition or a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
- Entrants publicity: entrants accept that the Promoter has the right, without additional payment or permission, to use their name submitted as entry to the competition for the purposes of announcing the winner(s) and for promotional purposes administrated in the UK, inclusive social media channels and websites that are accessible globally.
- The prize of this competition is:
- 1 case of Babylonstoren Mouvedre rose wine
- Specific prize details and availability are subject to change.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available, unless deemed necessary by the Promoter and/or UK law and guidelines. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. The prizes will only be made available to the winner themselves and is not transferable.
- The competition will close on Monday, 4 May 2020 at midday.
- 1 winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries after the competition closes. The random selection will be undertaken by a computer process that produces verifiably random results, utilising a spreadsheet and a random function formula. Data is entered by a human, before the computer process produces random results from this data. Draw will be undertaken at the Promoter’s discretion in accordance with UK law and guidelines. The Promoter will not enter into discussion on this matter.
- The individual winner will win one case of wine only. One case of wine will be delivered to the winner 7th May 2020, provided the Promoter receives the delivery address by 11pm on 5th May 2020.
- Within one day of being selected, the winner will be notified. The winner may be notified in one or all of the following ways:
- Via direct reply to the winner’s email asking them to reply providing further details including proof of age and the delivery address for the winner for their prize to be honoured.
- In the event that the winner refuses acceptance of their prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept their prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with the winner within one day of first/initial ‘winning’ notification, or the winner does not confirm their details for receipt of the prize within one day of first/initial ‘winning’ notification, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner from all valid entries, or to award it to a back-up winner that was drawn during the original winner random draw, or to dismiss selecting a replacement winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for all submitted entries and public activity surrounding this giveaway.
- Proof of submitting your entry is not proof of receipt of an entry by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical, or other, reason whatsoever.
- The Promoter reserves the right to not accept and moderate (including deleting) entries that are deemed late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, misdirected, use vulgar and/or inappropriate language, entered in error, are altered, tampered with, make reference to inappropriate/sensitive activity and/or events.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and to disqualify any entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the terms and conditions.
- By submitting your entry, you warrant and undertake that:
- Your entry does not infringe any third-party rights.
- Your entry does not infringe any intellectual property rights (excluding any intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to the Promoter), and you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in your entry.
- You have the right to grant the Promoter the permission and consents necessary to use your entry as set out in these terms and conditions, including from any individual(s) appearing in your entry; any materials or objects which feature in your entry are your own property.
- Your entry only includes individuals who have consented to appearing in your entry. Consenting individuals must be aged 18 or over and UK residents
- Your entry does not contain any discriminatory, obscene, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material, nor anything which may reasonably be considered to be offensive (whether by image, gesture, statement or other material of any kind).
- Your entry does not ‘troll’ or ‘spam’ the spirit of the competition and does not reference rival brands and competitors
- The winner assumes all risks inherent to winning the offered prize. The Promoter will not, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accept any responsibility for loss, injury or death suffered as a result of promotional participation or the acceptance/use of any prize, other than that caused by negligence or breach of duty of care by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decisions in all promotional matters will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and will be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to abort the competition at any given moment and to shorten, modify, suspend or cancel the giveaway in the event of unavoidable circumstances beyond the control of the promoter, without resulting in liability or any claim of damages.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant or user that the Promoter reasonably believes (i) to have tampered with the operation of the giveaway and/or (ii) to be acting in violation of these terms & conditions.
- The Promoter in the UK is Garden Day/Candide: 40 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4QP, Registered in England No.09207044
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any claims and/or disputes arising out or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts.